A blog for people who aren't me.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Now boarding

I cannot believe it's almost time to head to the airport. Luckily, I'm flying out of DFW with 3 other students from A&M and we're meeting up with more along the way. Good company makes traveling infinitely better! It will certainly be a different experience than last year.

[[Flash back to landing in Tanzania]]
...at night...
...having traveled alone...
...walking out of the airport like  a deer in headlights...
...literally the only person in a semi-circle of drivers...
...crossing my fingers that someone is there for an EWH participant...
...like "Hey, What's up Africa!"...
... thinking "God please let this be Africa, it's dark and I can't see a thing"...


We have a long journey ahead of us. Our flight leaves Dallas at 16:00 on the 23rd and we don't get to Rwanda until 14:00 on the 25th. Suffice it to say, we will all need a couple of days to recover once we arrive.

DFW to New York, New York to Qatar, Qatar to Uganda, Uganda to Rwanda. Hopefully we'll be able to see a bit of the city during the 13 hour layover in Doha, Qatar!

And sorry human family, but I think I will miss these two troublemakers the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment